What is Edge of Care Fostering?
It is our aim to support families in staying together where possible, and to do that we recognise sometimes families need time out.
Edge of Care Short breaks will provide a family with the opportunity to have some breathing space in a time of crisis or stress, and support families in moving forward together with a package of support and intervention, so that a young person remains living at home.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Edge of Care Short Break Foster Carers to provide accommodation and support to young people age 8 years plus with regular short breaks for up to 12 weeks which will be agreed and planned in advance.
An Edge of Care Short Break Carer can expect to support up to 3 young people during any 3 month period.
What is involved?
Edge of Carer Short Break Requirements:-
- Foster carer will be expected to support with transporting young people to school, home, sports clubs etc, during a young person’s short break.
- Foster Carers will have a good understanding of vulnerable children who may present challenging behaviours.
- Foster Carers will be expected to work alongside birth parents.
- The young person will need a bedroom of their own.
Edge of Care Short Break Benefits
- Foster Carers will have access to comprehensive support, including pro-active weekend telephone support.
- Foster Carers will receive a comprehensive package of training.
- Foster Carers will be allocated a mentor to support them pre and post assessment.
I’m interested, what happens next?
Come along to an information meeting. You can call 0800 169 2061 or book online.