There are almost 1,200 local children who are currently cared for by Staffordshire County Council.
Now more than ever, we need passionate people like you to become foster carers, to help us support these children.
Lots of people rule themselves out of fostering, because they think they won’t be suitable. But there is no such thing as a typical foster carer.
This year, we have launched our ‘No Myths, Ifs or Buts….You Can Foster’ campaign with the hope of ‘busting’ all of the popular myths around fostering.
- There is no age limit to be a foster carer, you just have to be over 21 years old.
- You don’t have to be married to foster
- Single people can foster
- You don’t need to have your own children to foster.
- You can foster, even if you have pets
- You don’t need to live in a palace or own home to foster, you just need a spare room.
- You don’t need specialist skills to foster, we will train you up.
- You can be LGBT and foster
- You get an allowance for being a foster carer
- Fostering is flexible and you can foster for as little as one weekend a month.