Welcome to the start of Your Fostering Journey
If you are based in Staffordshire and interested in becoming a foster carer, then look no further than your local authority.
We need foster carers throughout Staffordshire, including Stafford, Stone, Lichfield, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Cannock, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Leek, Tamworth and all the surrounding areas.
Join our Fostering Family and we'll provide you with all the training and support you need so you can concentrate on caring for our children.
With over 1,200 children in care there is an urgent need for more families to join us. Did you know that all the children who need to be fostered are in the care of the local authority and we always prioritise placing children with our own foster carers first before contacting private fostering agencies.
Reasons to foster for Staffordshire County Council
As a Staffordshire Foster Carer you are never on your own. You have your own dedicated Fostering social worker and an experienced foster carer as a mentor. We also offer;
- Competitive Payments
- Support groups and training in your local area
- Regular events for you, your foster child and your own birth children
- 24/7 out of hours support line
- Staffordshire County Council does not make any profit from fostering, unlike some private fostering agencies that run as businesses to maximise return on investment for their shareholders. Every penny allocated to our department is spent on achieving the best outcomes for our children in care.
Who are we looking for?
All our children are different; different ages, genders, ethnicities and personalities. But they all have one thing in common. They need stability, consistency and a loving family environment so they can develop and grow.
There is no such thing as a typical foster carer, we need people from all sorts of different backgrounds to care for children from birth up to 18 years. We always have a particular need for foster carers for older children and larger sibling groups.
Fostering with Staffordshire is flexible and there are so many different types of fostering we are confident you'll find one which suits your family commitments and personal circumstances.
What do I need to foster for Staffordshire?
- A spare bedroom
- A stable and loving family home
- A sense of humour and lots of patience
- Free time to be able to attend meetings and training
- An ability to work with a wide range of professionals
- Be open and honest during the assessment process and on-going
- Offer advice and support to every child and nuture their skills
Why not take your first step to fostering in Staffordshire by joining us at our next information meeting or drop in session?
You can also call 0800 169 2061 for an information pack or request one online.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Fostering Family.
The Fostering Team
Foster Carer Payments 2019/20
Foster Carers Charter (816kb)