12 Myths of Fostering
Over the next 12 days we will be busting the Myths about who can foster as many people rule themselves out of becoming a foster carer before they have even started.
People from all walks of like can and do foster - what's stopping you? Find out more this December and help us to support vulnerable children and young people in the county.
Here are the 12 most common myths.
- Myth 1: You need to have qualifications to be a foster carer.
- Myth 2: You can't be a single man and foster.
- Myth 3: You can't choose the age of the child you foster.
- Myth 4: You must be married.
- Myth 5: You can't be single.
- Myth 6: You don't get paid.
- Myth 7: You need to have had children of your own.
- Myth 8: You can't own a pet.
- Myth 9: You can't be LGBTQ+
- Myth 10: You need a big house.
- Myth 11: You need experience.
- Myth 12: You must be middle aged.
We need more foster carers to help to care for Staffordshire children. If you have a spare room and spare time, even is little as 1 weekend a month we would love to talk to you.
Call 0800 169 2061 or enquire online now and we'll send you and information pack.
Happy Christmas !