For doing an extraordinary job, you’ll receive an extraordinary package of emotional, financial and practical support.
Our experienced carers tell us that the support they get is far above and beyond what they’ve experienced elsewhere.
As a resilience foster carer, we’d support you with:
- Weekly placement support visits from your allocated placement support worker, if required
- Monthly meetings with a range of children's service professionals, to maintain the short and long term care plans for the young person in your care
- A comprehensive package of training to develop your professional caring skills facilitated by social workers and clinical pschologists e.g. handling trauma, understanding attachment, managing behaviour
- Getting time to yourself by building in short breaks where the young person you care for will stay with our dedicated short break carers
- An dedicated resilience foster carer support group where you will meet up with other resilience foster carers, learn from each others experiences, and let off steam
- Access to independent support for the young person in your care from the charity SOVA, who provide mentors to help young people steer clear of crime and build better lives
- Access to therapeautic placement support for both the young person in your care and for yourself from SUSTAIN.
So you can see that as a resilience foster carer, you won’t be going it alone.
Want to find out more?
Call our enquiry line on 0800 169 2061 or complete our short online enquiry form and we'll call you back.