Birth relatives are entitled to an assessment for specific services which may include:
- General advice and information around adoption
- Supporting you, as birth parent, during care proceedings when your child has a plan of adoption. We can help you understand the adoption process including post adoption contact arrangements and what it means for you. We can support you in providing information for your child. We can help you work through your feelings about this and, if appropriate, signpost you to other services.
- Providing support and advice with post adoption contact arrangements including help in writing letters through our Post Box Service.
- Staffordshire are only able to provide a very limited service to birth relatives wishing to contact their adopted relatives.
- Information about the adoption contact register. This puts adopted adults and their birth relatives, if registered, in touch with one another and is administered by the General Register Office.
For advice or to request support, contact the adoption support team on 0845 300 40
Tuesday 9am—1pm, Wednesday 1pm—5pm and Thursday 9am—1pm.
Family Rights group is a charity in England and Wales that advises families whose children are involved with or need children’s services because of welfare needs or concerns. They promote policies and practices, including family group conferences, that help children to be raised safely and securely within their families.
National Parent Partnership Network Parent Partnership Services offer advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN).
After Adoption is an intermediary service to search for adoptive adults. There is a cost to this service.