You can show us during the home assessment and through participating in the Preparation “Skills to Foster” course.
- By being open and honest in showing that you are willing to learn.
- By letting us know what sort of person you are, and what your skills and interests are.
- By telling us what you have learnt from your own life experiences.
- By thinking about how this can help you to care for a child.
- By demonstrating an understanding and knowledge of children.
- By what other people say about you – we ask you to nominate referees who know you well so they can tell us whether they think you would make a good foster carer.